In thinking about how to make a large set of words for prompts, I came up with this idea that I thought I would share.
- Write the alphabet in a column on a large sheet of paper
- If you can orient it ‘landscape’ you’ll be able to fit more words
- You can skip X &/or Q if you want
- Start with A, write the first word that pops into your head, then go down to B, then C, and so on
- When you get to Z, start again at Z and go back up
- Don’t edit yourself-just don’t write the same word twice
- Keep going up and down, writing one word for each letter, until you’ve filled the page
I found it very interesting to find what popped into my head. Of course, the words I had already thought of led to the next words, so it was interesting to see how the going up words differed from the going down words.