4/26/08

Happy Arbor Day!

Yesterday was one of my favorite things about working for the state: Arbor Day is a paid holiday here! I got Friday off, the kids still had to go to school (hey, they get the whole summer off!), so I could do my own things.
First a little nap, which turned into sleeping too long, but I guess I needed it! The afternoon and evening, I spent working on my art supply cupboard, which I am affectionately calling my 'nest'. I got it all rearranged, and mostly organized, fitting the various tubs, boxes, and crates in like a Tetris puzzle. I will need to reorganize some of the stuff in some of the containers as I use them, and hang up a few things on the insides of the cupboard doors, but it's mostly done.
Done enough, that I was able to start a project this morning that's been working in the back of my head for a while, it was right in the front of my cupboard, and I had a few minutes, so I did a little work. That's my goal, to be able to work even a little at a time. With no dedicated arts-n-crafts room or area that I can leave things out, I have to be more organized, thus the nest.
In crocheting news: I made two hats this week!
I made up a pattern starting Tuesday, finished the first hat Wednesday, wrote it all down, as best I could, and tried to recreate it Thursday and Friday. The second hat is slightly different than the first, in a couple small ways, so I'm working on the third one now, trying to perfect the pattern. When I get the pattern figured out for sure, I'll share it! Here's a tease: the name of the hat is the Granny Star Hat.
Off to crochet club, maybe one of the experienced hookers can tell me where the second hat is different.

No comments: