8/21/07

Ten on Tuesday


10 Things You Don't Like About Your Job

First, let me say that I was happy to see that next week's 10 Things is a balance to this week's. Because I am a 'glass is half full' kind of gal, and because I believe there is duality in everything, I was going to add disclaimers to most of this list. But the other side of the story will be next week, so I won't worry about that now.

  • We have to peg in and out, and account for all our time.
  • The building we work in has ventilation problems or mold problems or both, a lot of us have allergy problems only at work.
  • There's no free parking.
  • The team I'm on doesn't get along great as a team. We get along ok individually (and one person on my team is a great friend) for the most part, but not as a team.
  • The work I have to do every day varies, some days it takes all day, other days just a few hours.
  • The cube walls are paper thin. We can hear every phone call, nose blow (and other body noises), radio, fan, and conversation of our closest cube neighbors.
  • The managers are not taught how to be good managers.
  • There is no cafeteria in our building, and not so great snack machines, either.
  • There is a small group of middle school gossips that even tho I luckily don't have to work too closely with them, they tend to infect the rest of us with their gossip.
  • And the number one thing I don't like about my job: It's not creative!
  • No comments: