7/28/07

Bracelet Kit


Bracelet Kit
Originally uploaded by seeshells.
As I was on my way home after work, I realized I didn't know what my Thing would be for today. I was going to the grocery store, the hardware store, and the thrift store, so I decided to give myself a little challenge. I would find something at the thrift store that cost less than $5, that inspired me to make something out of it, and that I could finish and post before the end of the day. Boy, did I luck out. I found several kid kits mixed in with the toys. This glass and wire kit was the best of the lot, I found a deck of cards I wanted, too, and I spent less than $5 total between the thrift store AND the hardware store. Score!


Bracelet Kit
Originally uploaded by seeshells.
The glass pieces look sharp, but they really aren't. Five pieces of blue glass, five of clear, including one with little bubbles on it. I don't know what's up with that. The wire is greenish in color. I read through the instructions, which were pretty vague, if I were a kid that had never done a craft before, I don't think the instructions would have been sufficient. I debated a bit about making something different than a bracelet with the supplies, but I couldn't come up with anything better.
Finished Bracelet
Bracelet Close Up

1 comment:

Moral Compass said...

That bracelet is too cute! Thank you for stopping by, did you steal the flowers for your mom? It's okay I wont tell her! :)