6/4/07

Googly Eye Jar

This is my tongue-in-cheek tribute to two of my favorite crafty gals: Amy Sedaris, and CraftyChica Kathy Cano Murillo.
If you've read Amy's book, or seen her promoting it, you'll know that she loves googly eyes. She puts them on everything! When my guy gave me her book back in December, I had to go get some self-stick eyes. There are a few things around the house that have eyes now, like the lamp between our computers. Not too long ago, I found a bag of mixed sizes of eyes at a dollar store, so I decided I needed more, but I needed something to put them in.
I love mustard. (what does that have to do with anything, you ask? keep reading...) And occasionally, I'll buy some fancy little mustards in fancy little jars, partly so I can have the little jars. So I have a few of these little jars in a drawer, and decided this one was for the googly eyes!
Then of course, I needed to decorate it! I've been working on some collaging at work, mostly just the cutting out so far, so I collaged the lid. What I've learned from the CraftyChica is that glitter ROCKS! But I'm not ready for actual glitter, so I've fallen in love with glitter glue. I found some also at a dollar store, but as you probably know, not everything is as good in it's cheap fashion. I thought the dollar store glitter glue was fine, until one day at the regular craft store, I noticed that some glitter glue was on sale, really, really cheap, so I bought it. It is so tons way better than the dollar store kind! Oh, well, live and learn. The craft store glitter glue even has two colors of glitter! I'm going to be playing with glitter glue a lot more.
Googly Eye Jar

No comments: