2/25/07

Not the Same


Not the Same
Originally uploaded by seeshells.
I bought these two skeins of yarn at the same time, and thought they were the same. I know I'm supposed to look at the numbers on the label, and one ended in 39, the other in 40, but all the previous 10-12 numbers were the same. I thought that just meant they were sequencial skeins, but that must mean a different batch of yarn. If it were just that the pattern didn't match I wouldn't mind, but the colors are not quite the same, either.
One skein makes an ok length scarf for a young kid, and I think I know just the kid that would appreciate this scarf. So that part's ok.
But now, my dilema is to get the rows of the new skein off the loom without completely unraveling the whole scarf. Please let me know if you have any advice for me! TIA!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi. I've had to frog a few rows myself. The best thing I did was unwrap one peg at a time, pull the loop out, put it back on the peg, all the way around. It took forever, and may not be the best way, but it worked for me. Good luck!