Our Wonderful Choir Director provides us with recordings of each individual part, as well the whole song.
Here are a few helpful hints that I have come up with:
- Listen. Remind yourself of the tempo and feel of the song. Gotta nail the beginning!
- Rehearse your part with the recording for your part, then when you think you've got your part down, sing your part along with a recording of a different part
- Focus on the individual things you can work on, remember we'll form one voice when we are singing together
- Do the hard parts first, and start again if you mess it up
- If a song especially moves you to tears, get the tears out in rehearsal
- For UUs: write in a lower case g when needed, or find alternate meanings if your heart needs them. "Spirit" to me is the music itself.