2/16/08

Hat or Hackey-Sack?


Hat or Hackey-Sack?
Originally uploaded by seeshells.
My plan to teach myself to crochet by ear started officially with this blob. My mom brings home leftover craft supplies sometimes from their volunteer work, and there was almost a full skein of nice practice purple. How my plan was going to work, was that I was going to just crochet along, and end up with a cute hat. Stop laughing at me! ;p
The purple blob did start out ok, the kids teased me that I was making a coaster. But it was round and getting bigger...and then I 'discovered' a new stitch, which pulled my little coaster thingy into almost a hackey sack. Which, if I could figure out how to close it off, would have been ok, it's just practice after all.
I started over with some verigated yarn, and frogged this little mess.

No comments: