1/12/08

Mom's Pin


Mom's Pin
Originally uploaded by seeshells.

Feel free to skip this post if you are not from Nebraska and/or don't give two hoots about Nebraska football*


So back in the beginning part of December a new coach was announced for the Nebraska football team. And some very enterprising t-shirt company created a bunch of shirts with 'Bo' slogans (would that be Bo-gans?) on them 'Bo Fence', 'It's Bo Time', 'Just Say Bo', and of course, 'Bo Big Red'.






Mom's Pin
Originally uploaded by seeshells.

In all the excitement, my Mom mentioned that she might add a 'Bo big Red' t-shirt to her gift wish list, being the 'good' Nebraskan that she is. But it was way too late for me to change my list of things to do, so I came up with a new plan.
Since I've been making all sorts of felt pins lately, I decided I would make her a special one. This is one of those times where I was making something that I would normally not ever consider making, I wouldn't make these to sell. I knew it wouldn't be ready in time for the gift exchange, but I got it done not too long after, and mailed it to her. It's always fun to get mail!


*And in the spirit of full disclosure, this would include me as well. I was born here, and have spent most of my life here, but as I say, I'm not a good Nebraskan, I don't like beef and I don't like the 'huskers.

No comments: