7/26/07

Ten on Tuesday

(Yes, I know it's not Tuesday anymore, but it's my first week)
I searched around a lot for a good Tuesday Meme. At first I wasn't sure if this was the right one, but considering that one of my internal projects right now is gratitude, and this week's list is 10 Nicest Things That People Have Done for You, so I guess this is the right one after all.

10 Nicest Things That People Have Done For You
  • The counselor and CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) team that helped me have a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarian) with my second son.
  • My boss BC at my wonderful old job (the job that 'left me'), when after three years of agonizing over the toughest decision I ever had to make, and I finally told her I couldn't move with them, she told me that she would have done the same thing if she were me.
  • My guy, 20 years ago or so, when he switched seats at a hypnotist show, and started a spark that neither of realized was there at the time.
  • My high school art teacher, Ms. D, who really helped me see myself as an artist.
  • My Dad, always fixing my cars. And not to leave out my Mom, who always finds cool things for me, ideas and problem solving, stuff at the thrift store, or stuff from her basement. ;p
  • Good friends who listen to all my craziness! (you know who you are, but specifically C, R, J, B, K, and AL)
  • My brother, for being the 'cool uncle' that can (and will!) take my teenagers places that they wouldn't be caught dead with their mother, and I wouldn't be caught dead letting them go by themselves. Like their first concert, or a late night outdoor movie.
  • My junior high vocal music teacher, who explained to me that being a Second Soprano wasn't like being second best, it was the harder part in the middle that needed especially strong singers. That analogy has held true for me on a lot of things. Plus, she inadvertently really taught me the 'when the door closes, a window opens' theory is very true.
  • People who stopped when my car broke down a few years ago, and everyone who stops when they see someone broken down. As the world is more and more full of cell phones, some people might assume the broken down car doesn't need help, but it's so great when they stop to check if you're alright. (I consider people stopping to help as a benefit of living in Nebraska-one big small town)
  • Right this minute, at this step of my life journey, I have to put Allison Lee of Craft Cast on this list. I've been listening to every single one of her podcasts in the last couple weeks (I'm almost caught up, then review time), and she has such a great theme to her show, no matter who the guest is. "Find your creative voice" "Put your butt in the chair". You know how all the things you hear, see, read, etc, all combine together and change who you are? Without getting too personal here, I'll say that this was just the right time for me to listen to her shows. It all goes together so well. There is a plan, we just don't know yet what it is. Like the quote on my computer wallpaper at work: "Be willing to relinquish the life you've planned so as to have the life that is waiting for you." --Joseph Campbell
  • No comments: