8/15/09

Stress Management...

This summer has been rather stressful in our house. I can admit that now, because it does appear that we are back on the uphill climb (knock on wood!!).
One thing that is interesting to me, is how my creativity ebbs and flows with stress. Not that I ever stopped getting ideas, but that I had no ability to move forward on any of those ideas.
Mindlessness was my stress management solace. Sims 3, I'll admit, was one of my best friends this summer, and I do like to think that there is some creativity at least in the designing of clothing and furniture, and especially in the house designing.
On the actual creativity front, ie, working on arts -n- crafts, the best I could do was crochet dishcloths and scrubbies. Lots and lots of scrubbies! Cotton yarn and tulle crocheted together in various colors and shapes. There are at least twenty scrubbies missing from this photo, between the ones already given away, and the ones waiting to be tied off.
Some people focus on a big project to overcome stress, I guess it's different for each of us, but also different for us depending on how the stress is hitting us.
I am really looking forward to starting something soon. Knock on wood again.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

That is a LOT of scrubbies, wow!

Hey, you're not the only one! Once in a while, I find there is nothing better than zoning out for a few days to just play Sims, major stress relief, LOL! I love it (although I don't have Sims 3 yet, my computer isn't fast enough, lucky you!), and hey, you are right, it is STILL being creative, so it's not REALLY that mindless! HA!

Happy creating and wishing you a stress free fall! :)